Share to Facebook E-Mail Share to Twitter Stumble It More...

Friday, April 19, 2013

Need & Cause

Bookmark and Share
A need is personal and inward.  We need things for our own survival, health, wealth, and sanity.  A cause is something bigger than us.  A cause can be community, nationally, or globally oriented.  A cause is for the benefit of a larger group of people, whatever attributes that group may possess.

Like other fine traits, looking at a bigger picture actually ends up helping us the most.  That’s one of the great fascinations of our universe.  In fact, many times we will exert more energy, time, and money into the greater benefit of others than we would in ourselves.  I don’t think that speaks badly for us as individuals, but speaks volumes for us as a global community.

I was discussing with a friend the other day how much of our world, how much of our economy, how many professions, are involved in keeping our society civil.  Do you know how much money we spend on law enforcement?  Do you know how much money we spend on the court system?  How prosperous could our society be without spending this money?  This is all because we are not really a true community.  We a bunch of individuals who don’t trust each other, but rather we abuse each other’s trust.

I know I’m really talking about a utopia when I imagine a society that doesn’t need to enforce its laws.  But one step in that direction is for us to move from a mentality of need to a mentality of cause.  After all, a need is personal and a cause is community oriented.  If we, as a society, could all focus on the needs of the society before the needs of ourselves, where would we be today?

I was stuck in a place of need as I thrived to break into the personal development system.  Sure, I made successful presentations and delivered great workshops, but my need alone didn’t do it.  Once I found a cause, to spread my unique message of higher communication, I found the path of least resistance.  I never dreamt that that path would be writing a book.  There are a lot of people I knew who not only were better writers, but probably read ten times as many books as I had.  When we have a cause, we are less concerned with what the route to our destination is.  With need, we tend to want all our “wants” or (at least our assumptions of wants) along the way.

When we have a cause, we’re willing and able to do more.  We become more flexible.  We have more drive.  And, in the process, we become better individuals.

Let's love the world together...

Love,
Danish Ahmed, blind visionary

No comments:

Post a Comment